QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

The glory days with the Mets

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

The glory days with the Mets

Postby laiyongcai92 on 11 Jan 2019, 03:10

NEW YORK (AP) — Bradley Zimmer Jersey , those are still fresh for Matt Harvey: Pitching in the World Series, hearing the chants at Citi Field, becoming the Dark Knight.So are the bad times: Suspended for failing to show up at the park, getting hit hard, being banished to the bullpen.“I remember a lot of cheers,” the former ace said. “I do remember some boos.”Traded to Cincinnati for catcher Devin Mesoraco on May 8, Harvey returned Monday to the stadium he once ruled. He’s not scheduled to pitch in the three-game series.“That was interesting, not pulling into the players’ lot,” he said.A 45-second video tribute to Harvey before the game drew a mixed reaction from the crowd. It ended with the message “Thank you Matt” as both Reds and Mets players applauded.Sitting in the dugout, Harvey waved to a camera and tipped his hat.“I want people to know I do regret a lot of mistakes I made,” the 29-year-old said earlier, adding, “Obviously, I never wished it ended like that.”As Harvey walked into short left field for pregame throwing with other Reds pitchers, a small cluster of fans called to him.“Dark Knight!” a couple shouted.Harvey’s rise to stardom was meteoric, even by New York standards.Promoted to the majors in 2012 http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-brandon-guyer-jersey , he started the All-Star Game at Citi Field the next year. That same season, there was a memorable night when he outpitched Washington ace Stephen Strasburg and Mets fans kept chanting “Harvey’s better!”By then, the hard-throwing Harvey was already a fixture in the tabloids, dating models, rooting on the Rangers at Madison Square Garden and living the New York life.His zenith came in 2015, when his two playoff wins helped put the Mets in the World Series. The ballpark never sounded louder when he took the mound in the ninth inning of Game 5 with a 2-0 lead over Kansas City.“The highs definitely took things to a different level,” he said.But after a walk and a hit, it all fell apart for the Mets, and Harvey. The Royals rallied to tie it, and eventually won in the 12th to take the crown.After that, Harvey was never quite the same.Having missed the entire 2014 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, he became beset by injuries. Surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome, shoulder trouble and other ailments added up, and took their toll.“I definitely gave it my all, and my body definitely couldn’t handle it,” he said.Harvey said the struggles and frustration and frequent injuries mounted so much Erik Gonzalez Jersey , there was a time “I really didn’t know I was going to continue playing the game.”Harvey mentioned the mistakes he made a couple times, without detailing them. But after starting out 0-2 with a 7.00 ERA in four starts and four relief appearances this year, the Mets had seen enough.Three months ago, they traded him.“There was a lot of tears, a lot of sadness. It was tough,” he said.Harvey has resurrected himself, somewhat, with the last-place Reds. He’s 5-5 with a 4.79 ERA in 15 starts for Cincinnati, and there’s talk that he might get traded before Sept. 1 to a playoff contender.“I just think I needed to throw and be out there and pitch,” he said. “I appreciate the Reds organization for giving me a chance.”Harvey said he felt “a lot of different emotions” returning to Citi Field. He’s close with Mets catcher Kevin Plawecki, among other former teammates.“Had such good memories here,” he said.Cincinnati interim manager Jim Riggleman said Harvey started with a clean slate when he joined the Reds.“You hear stories, but that was so far from anything that would’ve concerned us,” Riggleman said. He described Harvey’s performance on and off the field as “top flight.”And Riggleman predicted more of those special moments are in Harvey’s future.“He’s still recovering,” Riggleman said. “He may be better next year.” CHICAGO (AP) — The celebration was under way by the time David Bote flung his helmet high into the air on his way home.Teammates were already jumping up and down, ready to mob him at the plate. The fans were in a frenzy http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-tomlin-jersey , too.Nothing like a game-ending grand slam to get the festivities started.A pinch-hitting Bote smashed one against Ryan Madson with two outs in the ninth inning to lift the Chicago Cubs to a 4-3 victory over the Washington Nationals on Sunday night.Bote’s long drive to center field came after dominant starts by Washington’s Max Scherzer and Chicago’s Cole Hamels.Madson (2-5) entered with a 3-0 lead to start the ninth and quickly ran into trouble.He gave up an infield single to Jason Heyward with one out and hit Albert Almora with a pitch. Madson then retired Kyle Schwarber on a foul pop before hitting Contreras to load the bases.With a 2-2 count, Bote drove a knee-high fastball well beyond the center-field wall, setting off quite a scene.Teammates ripped off his jersey at the plate. He also had a cooler emptied on him as he gave an interview on the field while fans chanted “Bote! Bote!”“It’s magical,” he said. “It’s incredible. It’s an unbelievable feeling. It couldn’t happen to a better team, a better group of people in that clubhouse. And I’m so blessed and honored to be part of it.”There was more after he finished his postgame interview with reporters. As he walked back into the clubhouse, he got a quick hug from none other than noted Cubs fan Bill Murray, who asked, “Is this the hero?”Bote has made quite an impression while bouncing back and forth between the minors as a rookie. He is batting .329 with three homers in 34 games for the Cubs, with Kris Bryant battling injuries this season.His big slam helped Chicago take two of three in the first meeting between these teams since the Cubs beat Washington in the NL Division Series. It also made a winner of Justin Wilson (4-3), who got the final two outs in the ninth.Madson said a recurring back issue flared up when he was warming up, causing pain going down his right leg.“Sometimes it will shoot, sometimes it won’t,” he said. “That’s really the truth of the matter. Just trying to fight through it. Not everybody feels 100 percent all the time, but this one’s pretty big. So I’ll lose basically position, control over the ball.”Scherzer tossed three-hit ball over seven innings. The three-time Cy Young Award winner struck out 11 and walked one.But the Nationals managed just three hits — one off Hamels. He gave up one run in seven innings, struck out nine and walked one in his third start since Chicago acquired him from Texas.The only hit he allowed was Daniel Murphy’s single in the second to put runners on first and third. Mark Reynolds then drove in Ryan Zimmerman with a sacrifice fly.The Nationals did not get another hit until Trea Turner tripled against Brandon Kintzler Carlos Carrasco Jersey , sparking a two-run ninth.A-ROD, MADDON MAKE PEACECubs manager Joe Maddon and ESPN analyst Alex Rodriguez insisted they made peace over the former slugger’s comments criticizing pitcher Yu Darvish last month.Maddon said they had a “very open and candid” conversation before the game. Rodriguez also said it was “very positive.”The two were at odds after Rodriguez accused Darvish — sidelined since May 20 because of triceps and elbow injuries — of causing a rift in the clubhouse by rehabbing with the team rather than at the Cubs’ facility in Arizona. Maddon fired back at the time, and he made it clear again Sunday that he will protect his players.Rodriguez, who took two questions from reporters before sprinting away, seemed to have no regrets.“What’s great about this is we all have the same interests — to grow the game, to highlight stories as objectively as we can,” he said.Both he and Maddon said they planned to have drinks together at some point.TRAINER’S ROOMNationals: The Nationals held 3B Anthony Rendon out of the lineup for the second straight game because of a sore left wrist, though he entered in the bottom of the ninth. … Closer Sean Doolittle (left toe inflammation) hopes to start throwing off the mound in the next day or two. He has not pitched since July 6.Cubs: The Cubs activated RHP Anthony Bass (right mid-thoracic strain) and assigned him to Triple-A Iowa after he cleared waivers.UP NEXTNationals: Washington opens a four-game series at surging St. Louis, with LHP Tommy Milone (1-1, 5.50 ERA) starting for the Nationals and RHP Miles Mikolas (12-3, 2.74) pitching for the Cardinals.Cubs: Send LHP José Quintana (10-8, 4.28) to the mound when they open a two-game series against Milwaukee on Tuesday.
laiyongcai92

Return to Documentation