QuantiCode games

Zero Ballistics, Full Metal Soccer

Skip to content

Full Metal Soccer - released

Moderators: Michael, Bernhard, Christian

Full Metal Soccer - released

Postby Michael on 12 Jul 2008, 19:51

Hello!

We are glad to announce the release of our crazy new game "Full Metal Soccer" !!
Full Metal Soccer is a unique blend of first person shooter and sports game.

Two opposing teams battle each other with heavily armored tanks inside a futuristic arena. Each team tries to score by shooting or ramming the soccerball into the enemies goal. There are no rules, anything goes! Shoot your opponent or smash him into the board! Use your cannon, your tractor beam and your boost wisely to get an advantage over your enemy.

Full Metal Soccer does not only feature games for up to 6 players but also a highly motivating ranking system (based on ELO).

Grab it from: http://www.fullmetalsoccer.com
each player gets a free two day trial period!

Have fun and enjoy the game!

kind regards,
Michael.
Michael
Developer

Re: Full Metal Soccer - released

Postby Kano on 13 Jul 2008, 21:48

It is really hard to enjoy a game you cann't play without registering. The system even locked after clicking on create account (Linux). Counld you add a demo mode without?
Kano

Postby Seeker on 14 Jul 2008, 15:37

In work at the moment will certainly give this ago as soon as I get home
Seeker

Postby Christian on 14 Jul 2008, 15:48

Hi!

The locked-problem should be solved with the latest update.
The reason why we require registration is that we want scoring to be an integral part of the game play experience.

regards
christian
Christian
Developer

Postby Kano on 15 Jul 2008, 13:15

The game is a bit hard to play. The traktor beam is only usefull when you use it from the front. Therefore you have to change the direction of the tank not only the turret. The tank is pretty slow and the boost can be used only for a short time, then it is out. Also I don't get the point why the tanks can be destroyed in a sports game. Zero Ballictics is much cooler compared to the soccer game. Then the stats, I played it a bit, and 2 times the opponent left the game. So I decided to practice shooting on the goal and now I have got lots of goals - but basically without any opponent. The stats are somehow useless - using 2 accounds you could even cheat it very easy.
Kano

Postby Christian on 15 Jul 2008, 16:26

Kano wrote:Then the stats, I played it a bit, and 2 times the opponent left the game. So I decided to practice shooting on the goal and now I have got lots of goals - but basically without any opponent. The stats are somehow useless - using 2 accounds you could even cheat it very easy.

Cheating with multiple accounts of course always is a problem - if you have an idea on how to prevent that, you are welcome to share it :-)
The problem with ongoing matches will be solved shortly - there are some other issues as well which will be resolved in the near future. Note that you must have an opponent in order to gain score, however, so you only increased your goals/minute statistics.

regards
christian
Christian
Developer

Postby Christian on 16 Jul 2008, 16:49

The ranking system has now been improved to disallow this sort of cheating.

regards
christian
Christian
Developer

Postby Blazing128s on 04 Jul 2009, 15:16

helenxy wrote:How can I become good enough to be on my college soccer team? I've loved soccer my whole life, but I stopped playing my sophomore year of high school. I am now a freshman in college with a massively renewed interest in soccer. I've been playing a lot of pickup games and such over the last couple years, but I know I wouldn't be up to par with my school's soccer team. How can I improve my soccer to that level??
I have no clue how this relates to FMS, but I'll say this: Keep playing pickup games as often as you can, and try out for the school soccer team. Perhaps they have training to get you ready before you play in any of their games.
I'm Sisi's entertainment.
Blazing128s

Return to Full Metal Soccer - game related